Who are you?
Here is a brief bio often used to describe my Hannah Montana life:
Steven “ÉTIENNE” Langlois is an award-winning teacher-rockstar and author of the #1 best-selling book “Rock Your Class.” When he’s not performing for millions of fans in packed theaters and arenas worldwide or teaching in packed classrooms back home, he’s busy helping K-12 teachers rock their classes with expert engagement strategies.
What qualifies you to speak on this topic of French programs?
On top of having taught for over 28 years, I've worked as a consultant, author, composer, and lead on many French programs for leading educational publishing companies worldwide as well as several provincial and federal agencies. Here are just a few. Some you may have grown up using programs from these publishing companies as a student, some you may be currently using them as a teacher.
Who is this free mini-course for?
This is for all French teachers. K-12. All levels (Core, Basic, Extended, AP, IB, M-O-U-S-E, French Immersion, and French first language).
This ROCK YOUR FRENCH PROGRAM free mini-course is for:
- Creative teachers looking to build their own tailor-made French program from scratch
- Creative teachers that want the keys to a tailor-made French program that is open to the addition of personal touches
- Busy teachers that want a complete program with all the bells (or Bell Work... lol) and whistles so that they can concentrate more on their students' journey down the road to French proficiency, rather than spending extended time building and constantly re-building that road along the way
- French teachers that are a mix of any of the above
What are you going to walk us through?
Having taught and authored over a span of four decades, I'm at the point where I would like to share my insights on what I have seen work in French classes across the globe. I will break down what I feel is a solid French program from top to bottom. A solid French program that can be taught online, in class, or hybrid. A solid French program that includes:
- What a solid program should include
- Stress-free planning
- Class starters
- Authentic activities and projects
- Differentiation and modification (for those teaching split or combine classes)
- Assessment and evaluation
- Meeting 100% of your curriculum expectations
- Injecting French culture
- Setting up you and your students for success
Click through the modules. But treat this like a conversation. Please add your comments, ideas, thoughts, and suggestions in the comments sections found in each module. I will respond within 24 hours. I'm always open to new ideas and excited to grow my teacher toolbox. I can't wait to read your comments and questions so that we can learn and grow together.
With permission, we will use the DJ DELF Kit as our example to springboard ideas for you to be able to design and make your own French program from scratch. All resources are shared as free resources for you to try and use with your French students with complete consent from Educorock Productions. This is one of many programs that I've had the pleasure of working on as an author or co-author. I chose to use this one because I find it to be the most comprehensive. At the end of the course, you will have the opportunity to consider using the DJ DELF Kit as a chosen resource, but no purchase is required to benefit from all the free goodies, tips, and strategies packed into this Rock Your French Program free mini-course. Enjoy!
What are your general thoughts on French programs? This is a live online course. Drop your thoughts and share you ideas in the comments section below. Let's engage in this important conversation about what makes a good French program.